Being nervous about visiting the dentist is a perfectly normal and natural reaction, and you are not alone. A survey by the British Dental Association found that as many as 25% of patients had some degree of anxiety about going to the dentist, with fear affecting men and women, young and old alike.
Here to help
At Baycliff Dental, we understand your fears and we do everything we can to help you to get past them and help you to feel more relaxed, confident and comfortable when you visit us. We can help nervous patients with:
- A friendly greeting – our reception staff aim to put you at your ease from the moment you arrive
- Gentle nurses – we select our staff for their people skills, so you’ll feel their sympathy and empathy whenever you are in the surgery
- Professional dentists – our team of dentists are fully trained to understand and help nervous patients
- Full explanations – we’ll talk you through each step before we treat you, so there are no surprises
- Working at your pace – we never rush nervous patients, so you’ll always feel in control
- Specialist techniques – our team have a range of ways to help you relax, from playing music during treatment to using distraction techniques during injections
- IV Sedation - will leave you feeling more relaxed, click here for more info
Don’t let nerves stop you
If you are worried about dental treatment, then please feel free to just drop in for a chat to set your mind at rest. We work with nervous patients all the time and you certainly won’t be the worst we’ve seen so there’s really nothing to feel ashamed of. Our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you have and you can even meet our dentists in person before your agree to any treatment.
Some patients are worried that we will be shocked by the state of their teeth, or ‘tell them off’ for their lack of oral health, but we never judge our patients in this way. We’d much rather you seek treatment with us than hide away while a problem gets worse.
Regular check ups and treatment are crucial to long lasting oral health, so don’t let your fears get in the way of the care you need. After all, if you leave it too long, you will inevitably end up having considerably more treatment, not less.
"I would highly recommend this dental practice.
After 6 years of being to anxious and afraid of visiting the dentist I finally plucked up the courage to find a dentist I can trust and feel comfortable with. After meeting 4 doctors at different clinics I attended baycliffe for a check up apointment.
I instantly felt comfortable and calm, the receptionist Lisa is friendly and warming and is happy to help with any questions you have. She also along with every other member of staff addressed the fact that I was frightened and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible.
Dr Khan (dentist) and Ashley (nurse) gave me the option for my first visit to go into a private room to discuss my fears or go into the surgery room.
I chose to go into the surgery room, I am so so so glad that I did.
After having a chat about myself and my fears i was happy to have a check up. That was a huge step for me as I was embarrassed about the state that my teeth may be in. However it was all just built up in my mind over time.
One week later and I have had 5 fillings. I couldn't be more proud of myself for actually going and doing it. Dr Khan actually joked that we should of videod my first visit to my last treatment as I was a completely different person.
I can't thank all the staff at baycliffe enough, if you are frightened, anxious or just looking for a new dentist please go there. It's clean and comfortable and they make the visit to the dentist seem not so bad! I actually look forward to my next check up!