At Baycliff Dental, our team have the experience and expertise to carry out oral surgery techniques above and beyond standard dentistry.
This means that if you have a more complicated problem, such as impacted teeth or broken root fragments, you can still get the treatment you need in familiar surroundings with staff you know and trust
Oral surgery procedures
Oral surgery techniques go beyond the skill-set of the average dentist, which are classed as level one on the Curriculum for Dental Foundation Training. Oral surgery procedures, categorised as level two, require additional training and are regularly provided at Baycliff Dental.
Baycliff is now one of the five NHS Oral Surgery Referral Centre in Liverpool, our oral surgery specialists provide complex oral surgery treatments with IV Sedation to patients being referred from the whole Mersey region.
Baycliff Dental can offer oral surgery for the following procedures:
- Difficult extraction of erupted teeth
- Removal of buried roots and broken root fragments
- Removal of impacted teeth and wisdom teeth
- Removal of ectopic and supernumerary teeth
- Surgical endodontics to save single rooted teeth
- Management of trauma to the teeth including fractures
Oral surgery referrals
As a trusted and experienced practice, Baycliff Dental are able to accept referrals from other clinics, allowing patients to benefit from a wider range of treatments, while remaining registered with their current dental practice.
We accept referrals in a wide range of circumstances, including:
- Routine extractions requiring IV sedation
- Restorations (fillings) under IV sedation (private patients only)
- Cases with a previous history of difficult extractions
- Cases where local anaesthesia could not be achieved
- Orthodontic exposures
- Second opinions
- Temporomandibular joint disorders
- Dental implants
"I have anxiety problems so the dentist for me is a no no for me ...Like many patients I have had many unpleasant experiences as a child and adult ...But Mr Khan and his staff were very kind and efficient and I am now reassured that there are good dentists out there ...Was so relaxed I nearly started dancing to the music on the radio while my tooth was being pulled out ...Thanks for all your help ..."
"Mr Khan is a fantastic dentist, I was very nervous prior to treatment as I was having a wisdom tooth removed. He made me feel very at ease and managed to get the tooth out quickly and pain free! I was especially impressed as previous dentists were reluctant to remove it due to tricky positioning and long roots. I cannot thank him enough. Highly recommend."